To empower encourage and inspire by being the essential centre of the community.
- The library is engaged in learning and discovery which act as essential participant in the educational community.
- We develop organise and provide access to preserve materials to meet the needs of present and future generation of the students and scholars.
- Nurture imagination, promote life long learning and enrich the community.
The library is the ‘heart’ of each academic institution and plays an important role in all academic the activities and, more so, in law institutions. KLE Society’s Law College Library, it was established in the year 2016. The Library Built-up area of 3050 sq.ft with ample space for storage of books and for reading purposes.
The library has been planned keeping in view the aims and objectives of the Law School, and is being operated by a team of professionally qualified library staff guided by the Library Council. We have well equipped library with several books, Articles, Journals and Magazines.
–To provide an effective information service.
-To make available modern equipments for effective teaching, learning, research, acquisition of additional Knowledge etc.
-To computerize legal information, storage, retrieval and dissemination.
-To make available information from various other libraries in and around.
Library resources include, a growing collection of 2263 (Books, Journals including Law Reports current and back volumes) covering a wide range of general and special subjects, comprising of textbooks, reference books and most leading newspapers and audiovisual resources to support this course. The various subjects like Law, International law, Constitutional and administrative law, military, tax, trade & industrial law, Social law, labour law, welfare, health, education, Criminal law, Private law (including Torts), Civil procedures & courts, Law of specific jurisdiction & other areas.
Library automation and services:
Kle Law library is automated with koha library software. Procurement, accession and issue is in the registers regularly and the same is in the Library software. The library has an open access system to facilitate readers to have easy access to the library resources. To assist the students and Research Scholars in locating literature as well as information in their areas of research, general references, current awareness and computerized catalogues have been introduced.
Special support for student and staff:
1. An orientation programme is also organised for students to help them acquaint themselves with the library system and services and for enabling maximum utilisation of the available resources. We also have given location for each book to get it from library stack room. Library provides the user internet facility.
2. Library has started the new service of (sharing moot court info) in this services we collect and arrange the data of students who participated in the moot court competition. The information like data of participating student, the topic of competition, which books and other library materials they used from the library. This service will help freshers to easily approach the library and can get the idea about the library collection.
3. Also Library has started a service of content page information. Every month content pages of selected peer reviewed journals is published. This service helps the students and teachers for their projects assignment and research work and moot court competitions respectively.
4. Library provides internet access in library. We are having Wi-Fi connection in campus so user can have free access any time.
5. Library has laptop connection point for users like teachers & students for which is usefull in their project purpose, presentation etc. in teaching and learning process.
E- Resources of library:
AIR online database it covers high court database, Supreme Court database, criminal law journal database, Privy Council.